meet the team
Eric Yu D.C.
Dr. Eric Yu was first exposed to the world of injury and pain management after a car accident at 15 years old. Having injured his lower back he started seeing chiropractors, acupuncturists, physical therapists, and medical doctors with minimal relief. After conflicting information and misdiagnoses he went on a quest to figure out what was wrong and how to properly fix it.
This was when he was exposed to Active Release Technique and quickly realized it was exactly what he needed and what gave him the most relief. After his first session of A.R.T. he knew this was what he was meant to do and dedicated his life to it earning a Master's certification. After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of California, San Diego he attended The Southern California University of Health Sciences where he received a Doctor of Chiropractic degree.
Dr. Yu is a chronic low back pain sufferer himself and has tried almost every treatment available to alleviate his own pain. The treatment that he provides is a culmination of years of personal experience along with his education to provide the most comprehensive and effective treatment for the elimination of chronic pain. He eliminated all the therapies that were ineffective and strongly concentrated on the ones that were. The treatment provided at Pro-Active Wellness Center is exactly the treatment he would want as a chronic pain sufferer.
- B.A. in Human Development
University of California, San Diego - 2001
- Doctorate of Chiropractic
Southern California University of Health Sciences - 2005
Certifications and Continuing Education
- Active Release Technique - Spine
- Active Release Technique - Upper Extremity
- Active Release Technique - Lower Extremity
- Active Release Technique - Nerve Entrapment
- Active Release Technique - Complex Protocols
- Active Release Technique - Active Palpation
- Active Release Technique - Masters
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment - Level 1
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment - Level 2
- FMT Blades IASTM
- FMT Basic Kinesiology Taping
Nathan Clark D.C.
Dr. Nathan Clark grew up in the Northern Chicago suburbs. He received his undergraduate degree in Exercise Science from Eastern Illinois University. After graduation, he worked as a personal trainer for 2 years before deciding to attend Palmer College of Chiropractic - West in San Jose, CA.
He focuses his approach on movement screens, finding dysfunctional patterns, finding & treating joint, tissue, and nerve injuries, and preventative measures. He utilizes Chiropractic adjustments, ART, Assisted stretching, rehabilitation exercises, Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization to decrease pain, and increase function.
Dr. Nathan is also a certified strength and conditioning specialist through the NSCA, which focuses on training athletes from various age ranges (Youth, High school, college athletics). It also has a large emphasis on nutrition as it plays a massive role in recovery and performance. He also is certified through the Titleist Performance Institute to deal with a wide array of golf-specific injuries, performance, and recovery.
In his free time, he enjoys staying active, weight training, and golfing.
- B.Sc Kinesiology – Exercise Science
Eastern Illinois University
- Doctorate of Chiropractic
Palmer West – San Jose, CA
- Collegiate and Professional Golfers
- Professional and Amateur triathletes
- Youth – Collegiate athletes
- Elite surfers and weight-lifters
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Titleist Performance Institute Level one & Medical two
- BLS- CPR/AED
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
Mike Fernandez, D.A.C.M, L.A.C
Dr. Mike Fernandez began his academic career studying the biochemical reactions of the human body. He completed a degree in Biochemistry with an emphasis in biomedical concentration and interaction.
He realized that although Western allopathic medicine was innovative and highly effective in treating symptoms, it was not the right fit for him. He then attended the Southern California University of Health Sciences in Whittier, CA where he earned an integrated doctoral degree in eastern medicine with a concentration in orthopedics. He has practiced alongside a group of orthopedic surgeons providing pre and post surgical care. He has also worked with professional and olympic athletes across multiple disciplines and combat sports. While attending the Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine program he also expanded his education in areas of fertility and chronic digestive imbalances, as well as different styles of acupuncture like Master Tung technique and Balance Method. No matter if the pain is neuromuscular, visceral, or emotional he uses a holistic approach always looking for balance.
With the understanding that life is about balance, in his spare time he enjoys spending time outdoors. Living in Redondo Beach makes it easy to enjoy the local beaches and water activities. When it’s time to reset and recharge he enjoys camping and hiking in the Redwoods.
- B.S Biochemistry
University of Texas
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
Southern California University of Health Sciences
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Eastern Trained Herbalistt
- BLS Certified
Sarah Lee L.M.T.
Sarah is a licensed massage therapist with a passion for massage therapy, health, and wellness. She has a thriving interest in helping people reach their health and healing goals using a holistic approach. She specializes in Swedish, deep tissue, prenatal, pressure point therapy, hot stone, and sports massage. She customizes massages to individual needs. She has a very caring and professional presence.
Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher
Debbie Lin N.C.P.T.
Born in Redondo Beach, Debbie has always been drawn to the active lifestyle inspired by the abundance of sunshine. She oftentimes found herself stuck in a rut of mindlessly taking cardio classes and lifting weights at the gym.
Then, a friend introduced her to Classical Pilates; and her life had forever changed. Pilates’ focus on awareness, control, and efficient movement fascinated her. This propelled her to explore more about biomechanics and neurological connections, something she dabbled with when getting her BioEngineering degree. So, she quit her corporate job and started teaching Pilates.
Debbie’s insatiable curiosity about movement drives her to study different modalities, such as the GYROTONIC® Method, that integrate strength, mindfulness, and mobility into functional fitness. Influenced by deeply rooted traditional Chinese philosophies, Debbie is determined to share this holistic approach to help people. She loves finding ways to incorporate these principles into daily life. She is dedicated to creating comprehensive and customized in-clinic and at-home programs to restore and optimize her clients' health, wellness, and fitness level.
“The human body is like a beautiful, exotic sports car. Each component is meticulously designed to work in perfect harmony for maximum performance. My job is to help tune your parts and teach you to handle the car masterfully. That way, you can drive the rest of your life without clunks or break downs, and still catch peoples’ eyes.”
- Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher, NPCP (formerly known as the Pilates Method Alliance®, PMA®)
- Certified GYROTONIC® and GYROKINESIS® Trainer, the GYROTONIC EXPANSION SYSTEM®
- Graduate Studies in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Science in BioEngineering
FURTHER STUDIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Anatomy Trains, Fascia in Movement (Tom Myers)
- Fascia in Movement and Sport (Dr. Robert Schleip)
- Breathing for Life, Pelvic Power (Eric Franklin)
- What’s the Fuzz?!, Integral Anatomy (Gil Hedley, Ph.D.)
- Pilates for Neurological Conditions (Mariska Breland)
- Embracing the Curves, a Scoliosis Workshop, SmartCore, SmartSpine™ Teach & Treat (Marie-José Blom)
- GYROTONIC® Psoas Principles (Juergen Bamberger)
- GYROTONIC® Applications for the Hip and Knee (Lisa Marie Goodwin)
- GYROTONIC® Applications for the Shoulder Girdle (Uwe Herbstreit)
- GYROTONIC® Archway (Alicia Head)
AREAS OF CARE:
- Pre & Post Surgery Care
- Pre & Post Natal Care
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Shoulder Injuries
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Frozen Shoulders
- Tennis / Golf Elbow
- Wrist Injuries / Carpal Tunnel
- Sports & Performance Optimization
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar Disc Disease & Herniation
- Spinal Stenosis
- Lower Back Pain / Injury
- Postural Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Hip Injuries
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Arthritis / Bursitis Mediation
- Knee Injuries
- ACL / Meniscus Injuries
- Foot & Ankle Injuries
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Gait & Balance
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 1:00pm